Back to photo list

Tessenderlo

Tessenderlo
The picture above is taken automatically from flickr.com, if there is something related to the picture please visit and contact flickr.com
St Martinuskerk
St. Martin Church
De Sint-Martinuskerk is de parochiekerk van Tessenderlo, gelegen aan de Markt, in de Belgische provincie Limburg.

Omstreeks 1135 werd hier een romaanse kerk gebouwd, die geleidelijk door een bouwwerk in Demergotiek werd vervangen. Het huidige koor dateert van 1379, terwijl men in 1444 het schip en het transept verving. Bouwmeesters als Jan Maes uit Diest en Jan Leyden uit Werchter hebben hieraan gewerkt.

Tussen 1452 en 1454 kwam de in ijzerzandsteen uitgevoerde kerk gereed. In 1478 werd ook de Romaanse toren vervangen door een bakstenen toren in Kempense gotiek. Hendrik Maes was hier de architect.

In 1841 werden de zijbeuken en het transept gesloopt en vervangen door neogotische zijbeuken, ontworpen door Lambert Jaminé. Deze kwamen gereed in 1844. Een verdere ingrijpende verbouwing vond plaats van 1899-1903. De zijbeuken werden onder een lessenaardak gebracht en de middenbeuk werd voorzien van dakvensters, zodat een pseudobasilicale bouw ontstond.

De vierkante bakstenen toren heeft zes geledingen. Ze is voorzien van haakse steunberen en is afgewerkt met ijzerzandsteen en zandsteen. Op de zuidoosthoek bevindt zich een achthoekig traptorentje. De toren wordt gesierd door een met leien bedekte ingesnoerde naaldspits.

Het gotische uit ijzerzandsteen opgetrokken middenschip is aan de buitenzijde van de kerk niet zichtbaar, aangezien de neogotische bakstenen zijbeuken en dakvensters daar het beeld bepalen. Het gotische koor is uit ijzerzandsteen opgetrokken.

De toreningang wordt overspannen door een kruisribgewelf. In het interieur zijn de oudere, gotische, uit ijzerzandsteen opgetrokken gedeelten van het schip nog herkenbaar.

Het doopvont stamt uit de 12e eeuw. Het heeft een 17e-eeuws messing deksel. Op de kuip van het vont zijn vier maskers afgebeeld, die de paradijsstromen verbeelden.

Voorts bevat het kerkmeubilair een barokke piëta uit de 17e eeuw. Het overige meubilair is neogotisch: drie altaren, de preekstoel en vier eikenhouten biechtstoelen uit 1859.

In de kerk bevindt zich een Smet-Pencelerorgel uit de 18e eeuw, dat in 2012 werd gerestaureerd.

Het koordoksaal stamt uit 1520 en is één van de vijf gotische doksalen welke in België nog bestaan. Dit doksaal, feitelijk een "stenen kantwerk", wordt als een van de grootste en mooiste van België beschouwd. Het is vervaardigd van witte zandsteen op acht hardstenen pijlers en vormde de scheiding tussen schip en koor. In een erker is de preekstoel geplaatst. Gebeeldhouwd zijn diverse religieuze voorstellingen, namelijk de vier Evangelisten, de vier kerkvaders en zeventien passietaferelen.

St. Martin's Church is the parish church of Tessenderlo, located on the Markt, in the Belgian province of Limburg.

Around 1135 a Romanesque church was built here, which was gradually replaced by a building in Demergotiek. The current choir dates from 1379, while in 1444 the ship and the transept were replaced. Architects such as Jan Maes from Diest and Jan Leyden from Werchter worked on this.

Between 1452 and 1454 the church made of iron sandstone was ready. In 1478 the Romanesque tower was also replaced by a brick tower in Kempense Gothic. Hendrik Maes was the architect here.

In 1841 the side aisles and the transept were demolished and replaced by neo-Gothic aisles, designed by Lambert Jaminé. These were completed in 1844. A further major renovation took place from 1899-1903. The aisles were placed under a desk top and the central aisle was fitted with skylights, so that a pseudobasilical construction was created.

The square brick tower has six sections. It is equipped with right-angle buttresses and is finished with iron sandstone and sandstone. On the southeast corner there is an octagonal staircase turret. The tower is adorned by a lacquered needle stripe covered with slate.

The Gothic nave, built of iron sandstone, is not visible on the outside of the church, since the neo-Gothic brick side aisles and skylights determine the image there. The gothic choir is made of iron sandstone.

The tower entrance is spanned by a cross rib vault. In the interior, the older, gothic parts of the ship, made of iron sandstone, are still recognizable.

The baptismal font dates from the 12th century. It has a 17th-century brass lid. Four masks depicting the paradise streams are depicted on the vat of the font.

Furthermore, the church furniture contains a baroque Pieta from the 17th century. The rest of the furniture is neo-gothic: three altars, the pulpit and four oak-wood confessional chairs from 1859.

In the church there is a Smet-Penceler organ from the 18th century, which was restored in 2012.

The cordoksaal dates from 1520 and is one of the five Gothic doctors who still exist in Belgium. This doksaal, in fact a "stone lace", is considered to be one of the largest and most beautiful in Belgium. It is made of white sandstone on eight stone pillars and formed the separation between ship and choir. The pulpit has been placed in a bay window. Sculptured are various religious representations, namely the four Evangelists, the four church fathers and seventeen passive scenes.
Date: 2018-08-08 20:22:16




Visit : GiantChess.com

Comments

No comment found!

Members of Indonesia-Product.com | Partnered with GiantChess.com
Powered by IndonesiaCommerce.com | Promoted by IndonesiaWebPromotion.com


Visit Archipelago Country, A Tropical Paradise In The World : EastJava.com and Indonesia-Tourism.com